Our goal is to deliver the most insightful and cutting edge content to our readers. To do this, we have a team of in-house writers, regular contributors and invite guest authors to submit articles.
This page is designed to provide you with some insights as to what we are looking for from guest submissions and a checklist to complete when submitting your content.
Whilst we accept submissions from everyone, please read the below carefully and complete our checklist. If you do not adhere to the checklist your article will not be published.
Please submit all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We also cannot guarantee that all submissions will be published, but do aim to respond to all submissions within 48 hours.
We do not publish press releases.
Our editorial tone is fun, down-to-earth and conversational.
Types of articles we love:
- Personal Stories. If you have personal stories, discussion points with personal experience or would like to discuss or praise someone in the community, we would love to hear your story. Note, that the piece should focus on how what they have done and the outcome. 750-1,000 words.
- In-depth analytical pieces. We love to deep-dive into the background of sport, the people who play it and the clubs that are making it ‘happen’. We of course are looking at a specific subset of sport, which is women. We are happy to review and work with clubs that are pushing the limits in recognition of womens sports. If you have something that you would like to discuss or make known, write it up and send it in.
- High-level sporting trends. Do you have high-level strategic views or advice that has helped you do your job and/or perform better at sports?
NOTE : WE DO NOT ACCEPT VINDICTIVE OR DESTRUCTIVE PIECES. ALL PIECES MUST BE CAREFULLY BALANCED. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH NON-CONSTRUCTIVE STORIES
- The article is directly related to sport through clubs, people or activity.
- Your article is written on the basis that the reader as a strong knowledge of the subject.
- Your article does not contain any lies, untruths and is not designed to offend or abuse any person or organisation.
- Your article is not self-promotion.
- Your article contains short paragraphs, has been spell checked and contains some images (ideally pictures or video). Note our standard image size 1000 x 352. Images that are not this size will be accepted but please try to keep them to the sizes above.
- Your article contains a 35-50 word summary that will sit at the top of the article as a lead into the article and is between 750 and 1,500 words.
- Your article is in a word document (or equivalent). You will also need a WSN account to upload your article.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO PUBLISH ALL STORIES OR DELAY PUBLICATION OF ANY STORY AS DETERMINED BY, AND AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF WSN